Monday, April 11, 2011

Jordan rambles.

I have really done nothing today, guys. I woke up too early, went to class, came home, did my homework, and have just spent the day here with my dog. I really should get one of those things. I think they're called lives? Maybe I'll ask for one for Christmas.

As I'm sure you noticed, I'm already running out of things to talk about in these posts, so I'm just going to ramble for a bit and we'll see how that goes.

I really enjoy music. I'm sure that you'll think me stupid and obvious for saying that, but it's true. I love discovering new music, playing music, reading music, writing music. Everything. I love it all. The thing is, though, everybody is trying to pressure me into becoming a music major and that is just something I do not want to do. I've seen my former teachers, now friends, break down. I've seen them freak out because they have no idea what to do. I've seen one of them take a two month break because they said that if they didn't, the only other option for sanity would be to quit their job. I don't want that.

Sure, there are other jobs relating to music, but who says I could have one? I don't have the patience to practice like hell and become a performance major, and I definitely don't want to do something that I think is silly, like becoming a music historian or therapist. I just don't know what to do to get everybody off of my back.

Almost half of a year ago now, I decided that I would like to be a teacher. For those of you who don't know me, I've said for my whole life that I wouldn't be a teacher. I regret it now, because teaching is something I actually care about. Sure, I haven't been the best student, but I want other people to be able to learn from my mistakes, and I want to be able to help them.

The problem is that I haven't exactly been able to determine what it is that I could help them in. I'm really passionate about English, reading, and writing, but I don't know that I'll ever feel qualified enough to teach it. I can't stand math, but it is probably my strongest suit. Yeah, actually, no, screw that. Math is just not going to happen, guys. History is bland for me, and science is only fun whenever you get to do experiments. So yeah, maybe it will be English that I teach.

Still, I can't help but think that I won't be able to teach it. I don't have the best grammar. I haven't read most "classic" books that everyone else seems to know. But I often find myself getting lost in the language. I find reality blurring, and get into reading or writing as if it's the only thing that exists.

Speaking of writing, I didn't ever end up starting Script Frenzy. Whoops! Maybe these "write this much in this amount of time" things just aren't for me. The farthest I've ever gotten into NaNoWriMo is somewhere short of 40,000 words. I just reread that sentence. Okay, so that's not BAD. Still. I think I'm better when I have time to plan things out, instead of just rambling on for a few paragraphs and then stopping until the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment