Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reflection.

For probably the last time, tonight I'll go to bed as a child.* It's a bit shocking how fast it's come, really. I've looked forward to it my whole life, but now I don't think that I'm ready. I just wish it would all slow down. I can finally make my own decisions, at least to some point, and live life how I want to, but with that, I lose a big part of me. What will be my excuse to act the way I do now? Will it feel awkward to say that some of my closest friends are, like, 16? Will I lose my dignity? Will someone care? Will I wake tomorrow from this nightmare? My childhood has been a great one, friends, and if you've had any part of it, I genuinely want to thank you. Thank you for everything.

In lieu of becoming one of those "today I did this" bloggers, I want to look back on my life as a whole.

Here, have a list of some of my proudest moments:
-In first grade, I won first place in a district-wide math competition. WHAT UP.
-After a few days of school, it was decided that I was "too smart" for second grade, and I was moved up to third, where I became top of my class and went on to win the Hazelton Award with my then best friend, Michael Naylor. No idea what ever happened to him.
-In fifth grade, I took my first music class, and chose the clarinet because my teacher said I was too small for a saxaphone.
-In sixth grade, I adapted 4 of C.S. Lewis' Narnia books for makeshift-stage. It was made of PVC pipes, curtains, and AWESOME. Oh, and I was in the district's only full-day G.A.T.E. class, or something. Whatever.
-In seventh and eighth grade, I went through severe depression and junk, but managed to not fail a grade. Woo!
-In ninth grade, I performed in Vancouver** for a band competition, and we won Sweepstakes. WOO! (It was only out of like four, it turns out, but I ain't even bovered.)
-In 12th grade, I got to live one of my dreams and marched right down the middle of Main Street, U.S.A. It was so amazing.
-I know I said I wouldn't do this, but today, I'm staying positive, thinking ahead, and trying my hardest to enjoy life.

I'm really tired right now, and I think I'm just going to, you know, NOT track things this month, seeing as I haven't done so since the first day.

I hope you are all well, and I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment