Tuesday, April 14, 2009

School/Junioritus?/BUSYBUSYBUSY/HARRYPOTTER=HP6?/LONGTITLESFTW.

Today has been stressful.
As I get ready for my senior year in High School, I realize that I do not know what I want to do with my life. I've always wanted to be something. It's changed over the years. I've wanted to be a mad scientist, a Disney imagineer, a marine biologist, a Music teacher, and even, believe it or not, famous. I don't know what I'm gonna do.

During school, all juniors were called out of class for a meeting with our counselors. It wasn't a 1-on-1 meeting, it was an assembly in our auditorium. We were basically told that we HAD to choose a "small learning community" that has to do with the career we want to, err.... do. We have to decide by tomorrow. Our SLCs are Law enforcement, Business, Environmental Studies, Computer Technology, Health, and Creative and Performing Arts. I'm in CAPA. They decided that next year, you can't take any electives dealing with other SLCs. I want to switch my SLC to Environmental Studies, but I also want to take Band. PROBLEM.

We were also given the paperwork for Early Release/ Late Start, which is where we go to school late or leave school early. If I do this, which I want to, I won't have a way to get home. I'll have to wait at least an hour, which can be good if I wanted to hang out with my friends and help out with my band teacher's classes, to get home. I don't know if it will work.

The only classes I am required to take next year are Senior English and Econ/Am. Govt. If I were to do the half day thing, I would have to take another class with each*, which could be good if I want to take band, or Green Building (teehee), or something. The problem? Oh, it's still the whole getting to and from school thing.

I have so much to do tonight it's not even funny.

In other news, HP6 ( is that really what they're advertising it as?) is now coming out on July 15th, as opposed to July 17th. This kind of ruined everyone's summer plans, because who can afford a hotel to stay before Azkatraz for THAT long? Oh well. I still can't wait to see it.


Oh, and I swore I was going to write Jordan (not me)/Meg FF today. Maybe tomorrow? I'm way to busy today.

Today I...
-read 16 pages of "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by J.K. Rowling.
-recommend "Blink" by Chameleon Circuit.

*Our school runs on this weird block schedule.
We have four classes for 1/2 a year.
Each class is an hour and a half long.
Blah, it's kind of stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment